Get Started with Family History
Trouble getting started and organized in your Family History and Genealogy research?
Family History Quick Start provides tips and step by step guides to help improve your family history research.
Check out the free genealogy courses that will help you get organized, get digital (could be scary for some folks, but we’ll help you through it), and get ready to start your research.
Family History and Genealogy Helpful Hints:
Creating and Organizing Your Own Family History.
- Get help with Writing your Personal History in just a few easy steps. You’ll be amazed at what you can accomplish with a few simple tips. Take a look at finally organizing all that family history information you have stored on your computer. Find options to help you create a Family Tree and to stay connected with your family.
Family History and Genealogy Research.
- Find helpful tips for Researching and Finding Records. For fun, find out if you are related to someone famous. You could be related to kings, queens, U.S. Presidents, or wild west pioneers!
Links and Resources.
- Find very helpful resources to augment your family history research. Learn how to write family history stories about your ancestors even if you have very limited information. Click here to learn about our different options for creating a family history book by yourself or through a publisher.
Each article is designed to motivate you to take that next step in your family history journey; the more time you spend on family history, the easier it can become and more enjoyable too.
Best of Family History Quick Start
If you’re just stopping by, check out some of our most popular articles and favorites.
Discover Free Family History Resources
- Free Family Tree Comparisons
- Download free family heirloom trackers, personal history starter documents, pedigree charts for your kids, and more.
Find Resources for Your Personal History
- Completing your Personal History the Easy Way
- Managing Your Personal History and Pictures in a Time Line
- Organize Your Digital Pictures on Your Computer
- Get Started Keeping a Personal Journal
- Find out what your name means
Free Family History Newsletter
Join our growing list of subscribers and stay connected by signing up for our Free Family History Newsletter. Signing up is a snap, and you can easily un-subscribe anytime you wish. Your name and email address are kept confidential.
For more information on the newsletter, click here, or you can sign up right now by filling out the form below for our free mini course: